QS4 panel problem

pavilion

QS4 panel problem

Post by pavilion »

We have a QS4 FACP and the display panel always show "System Normal" even if we activate the MCP or a smoke detector the system displays "System Normal" and no alarm sound comes from the panel and NAC circuits. What could be the problem? Thanks for the help.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: QS4 panel problem

Post by Leo »

the panel lost its programming.
what about battery troubles, if you get no trouble signal from a disconnected battery the panel is DOA.

most likely it will need to get a reload of the database/program.
pavilion

Post by pavilion »

yes sir, we tried to disconnect AC and then battery but still the panel could not detect it and it still show "System Normal" at the front panel. so it's safe to say it's not hardware( a defective cpu maybe) but a software/program issue. yesterday we tried to upload the database from the panel to our laptop but we can't communicate with the panel with our RJ45 cable. this qs-cpu2.5 software i've downloaded from the links here was the software we used.
Fireworks

Post by Fireworks »

I been waiting for this thread since I joined this site, and was surprised it took this long.
I suspect it was writing to an EEprom that killed the panels,my opinion, but they(GE) did not say.
If your doing an inspection on an old CPU, plan on being back within the week to replace it.
But like Leo say`s the new one`s seem to work great, with more ram.
Robert137

Post by Robert137 »

If you take the head down, does it cause a trouble on any points?? If so, it's programmed. Is it just hat one point, or any point in the system?
Robert137

Post by Robert137 »

@ Leo I feel ya on that. That literally happened to me a couple weeks ago.