EST Quickstart Microcode 1.8 CPU's fauliting

Robert137

EST Quickstart Microcode 1.8 CPU's fauliting

Post by Robert137 »

Hello,

I have had multiple sites running microcode 1.8 to begin to fault right around the same time. It always begins to come up with "Testing CRC" and continually beeps and restarts over and over. I am just curious if anyone else was experiencing this issue. I did see one recently that started doing this when I attempted to clear alarm history after fire alarm testing. The others have suddenly started to do this. Any input would be appreciated.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: EST Quickstart Microcode 1.8 CPU's fauliting

Post by Leo »

Yes, I have some input that may help.
The older QS panels are junk. they all will die one at a time slowly driving you out of your mind.
The good news is the newer QS panels are a good panel.
it is hard to tell the new QS panels from the older ones, but if the panel is running 1.8 it is most likely the older version of the panel.

Sorry for the bad news.
Robert137

Re: EST Quickstart Microcode 1.8 CPU's fauliting

Post by Robert137 »

Yeah,
I just replaced one today. It has the 2.5 microcode in it. I had to install the programming software on my PC and kept the old 1.8 version software on just to be safe. I had to rebuild the whole system from scratch. Luckily, I had a fire alarm inspection sheet and the system mapped out exactly as it did before, so I just had to go and tweak it.I also had one last week that literally went under when I went to clear alarm history. Man, It was so frustrating with the customer standing there watching and their panel starts going nuts. I had just finished their annual inspection...