EST3 CPU application & bootloader code downloading problem

datsgourav

EST3 CPU application & bootloader code downloading problem

Post by datsgourav »

Hi,

I am trying to download the Application code & Bootloader code to EST3 CPU through J5 jack, but the same is not downloaded properly its showing some bad checksum error, I severally cut off the AC and battery power and turned on the panel again & download the Application code & Bootloader code to CPU, but problem exists.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Gourav
juanjose

Re: EST3 CPU application & bootloader code downloading probl

Post by juanjose »

which cpu do you have installed and which SDU version are u using buddy?

review your firmware version and try to update them, there is an specific problem within the 3cpu, that is not allowing firmware version from 3.5 to above. maybe you need to replace the 3cpu for a new 3-cpu1 and your 3-sddc to 3-sddc1 too. and try the sdu 3.74 version, there is a 4.1 and 5.1 and i have all of them but the 3.74 works better for me, i skipped 4.1 and starting to use the 5.1 for new projects only, i rather to keep old projects working with its original version, remember this saying, "if it is working good doesn't need updates"

more doubts don't hesitate in contact me, juanjose.juarez@fast.com.gt
Sam

Re: EST3 CPU application & bootloader code downloading probl

Post by Sam »

The release note indicates:

To upgrade from V1.4 or higher:
1. Install 3-SDU version 3.7.
2. Choose File > Open and select your project from the Open Project dialog box. Click OK to open the project.
3. Click OK to upgrade the microcode of your project.
4. Save your project as a new version, using the Save As command on the File menu.
5. Choose Rules > Compile to recompile your project.
6. Choose Tools > DB Conversion > All Databases to create databases for the loop controllers and cabinets.
7. Choose File > Save to save the recompiled project.
8. Choose Tools > Communications and select Network for the Download mode.
9. From the LRM Type Display Filter group, select 3-CPU. From the File Display Filter group, select Database. (Do not select the Application Code, Bootloader Code, or any 3-SSDC/3-SDDC options).
10. Connect your laptop to the first CPU on the network (any node for Class A networks) and click Download and Start to network download version 3.7 of the database.
11. From the LRM Type Display Filter group, select 3-CPU. From the File Display Filter group, select Application Code. (Do not select the Database, Bootloader Code, or any 3-SSDC/3-SDDC options).
12. Click Download and Start to network download version 3.7 of the application code to all nodes.
13. From the LRM Type Display Filter group, select 3-CPU. From the File Display Filter group, select Bootloader Code. (Do not select the Database, Application Code, or any 3-SSDC/3-SDDC options).
14. Click Download and Start to network download version 3.7 bootloader code to all nodes.

Upgrading firmware on 3-DSDC(1), 3-SDDC(1), and 3-AADC(1) loop controllers
Notes
• You must upgrade the 3-CPUxs before upgrading the loop controllers.
• Each of the steps listed below must be completed in separate download sessions.
• The loop controllers can be upgraded using network downloads.
• If the bootstrap download fails, or if the steps are performed out of order, you must cycle the power on the panel and restart the upgrade by downloading the bootstrap code again.
To upgrade the loop controllers:
1. Download the 3-SSDC/3-SDDC/3-AADC bootstrap to each LRM. (Download the bootstrap only; do not download the application code or database.)
2. From the 3-LCD menu, issue a restart command for all panels.
3. Download the 3-SSDC/3-SDDC/3-AADC application code.
4. Download the 3-SSDC/3-SDDC/3-AADC loop controller databases.