refurbishing of smoke detector -siga ps

Leo
Site Admin

Re: refurbishing of smoke detector -siga ps

Post by Leo »

Great question, I thought I was the only one with this problem.

EST has a program where you can send dirty detectors back for cleaning, it cost around $10 to $15. We did it one time for 30 siga-smoke, it worked ok.

second way, EST makes a testing base which will reset the chip, the testing base is not cheap. You would blow out the detector then reset it. It does not work like EST says it should but it does reset smokes.

also, after cleaning and putting the detector back on the system, it should reset after 24 hours, which I have had no luck with.

(( check attached doc ))
Attachments
SigaCleaning.pdf
(97.34 KiB) Downloaded 770 times
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

if you clean the smokes put them back on the SLC/Siga loop wait 24,48,72 hours, they are suppose to reset, this does not seem to work right, I would try this if you have not already.

The other thing you can do is initialize the Siga loop, via the SDU program.
This will delete all the info the SSDC card has and the devices are reset/blanked out.
initializing the SIGA loop is ALSO a pain.
tukalo

Post by tukalo »

i managed to clean 16 detectors so far. from 100% to 18% the lowest i got after i cleaned it, some will come at 24% some 50% but mostly lower than 30% after i cleaned it. this is what iv been doing if i have free time on the site. but im making it 4 detectors at a time so that it will not take time to map from the loop card. im still waiting for some detectors on the alarm state due to dirtiness and let me try if i can make it again to normal state or say lower the dirty to less than 30%. i'll inform you if I've done this test. thanks guys.
getech

Post by getech »

What is the perfect way to clean the detector?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

get a vacuum that blows air out hard and use that, clean it for 10 seconds and that is it.
you will be about to get 100% clean on most of your smokes. A few will not clean to 100%.
junjun

Post by junjun »

Buy siga-pro
vinodsby

refurbishing of smoke detector -siga ps

Post by vinodsby »

how i can refurbish the detector(siga -ps) showing dirty head and how i can reset the chip inside detector