Quick Start Issue.....

FireTech

Quick Start Issue.....

Post by FireTech »

Have a QuickStart Panel...

CPU died... Replaced....Loaded... Everything Good....

Then................

Every Morning I go check this panel, and the top 3 RED alarm leds are lit, and I get a message of "Unconfigured ALARM"

----My map is all WHITE.......

----Wiped Out, and reloaded Slic. Same thing every morning......

Tech support thinks I have a Bad device on Loop OR I have a Transient problem....

Previously, I replaced CPU and SLIC card. I changed out the pw supply today. (just because..why not...right..) There is nothing else to replace panel wise...

FYI------

In talking to tech support, they say if a device is in alarm while mapping, that device WILL NOT Map. (not cool)....
Eagle00708

Re: Quick Start Issue.....

Post by Eagle00708 »

Is this still an issue I may have some insite
daldoggy

Post by daldoggy »

I am having a simular issue with a quick start. Would love to hear the insight!!
Eagle00708

Post by Eagle00708 »

I have experienced a couple of things that could be the cause of this problem:
1) A device is getting wet this is most likley the issue 9 times out of ten if you get a random unconfigured alarm the problem is water related or.......
2) The wierd problem.......I have had it in one situation were a customer had a system that had no issues since the install and all of a sudden they are getting map faults and unconfigured alarms after weeks of trouble shooting it was determinded that they installed a new satilite tv system in the building and all over in the ceiling they had ran lage coaxel cable.....If I ran wire on the floor connected to a test panel i would have no problems if I raised the wire up tward the ceiling then I would start having problems instantly. -Hope this helps and sorry if I had any spelling issues I'm horrible.
daldoggy

Post by daldoggy »

Thanks Eagle,
I have been trying to find the device that causes a false alarm at one of our schools with 01-01-255 unconfigured device. I had found one siga cr that was flakey and replaced it some 4 or 5 months ago and that seemed to fix the problem until day before yesterday and now have had 3 events in the last 36 hours. Not saying it isnt moisture because we have been having some significant rain, but could also be a mouse pissing on something too.

Interesting that you mentioned the satelite cable problem. I have seen alien crosstalk cause this type of problem in other microprocessor based equipment, unfortunately not the cause of this one.

I question why that psuedo point isnt programmed to throw a trouble instead of a full alarm.

In any event will let you know what I finally find or have to do to correct it!