Fail Safe Event

Amber

Fail Safe Event

Post by Amber »

Dear All,

Can anyone give this information or solution, I have a site and there is installed one EST3 panel with 6 SDDC cards. This system was running perfectly as earlier but suddenly one trouble has shown i.e. "Alarm Activated Fail Safe Event" on LCD and whole system is stuck. I have tried so many time to restart the system after shut down but the same problem happened.

pls try to help from this problem.

Thanks
Amber
Luber Gene

Re: Fail Safe Event

Post by Luber Gene »

This problem is likely due to an alarm from an unconfiguered data card. Need more info to help identify problem.
briac

Re: Fail Safe Event

Post by briac »

good day all,
fortunately I was in UTC south africa last week for training and also I had this fail safe event in one of my 47 networked CPU last monday.
the explaination I had about fail safe event is like this.

fist I have to know what is your project MARKET PLACE and the line of rules that determine the action to be taken on the fail safe event.

On the rail module there isd one pin woking for fail safe condition and send this event to another panel in case of fail safe event.
But what is exactely fail safe event?
I take an example to be clear:
if your CPU is broken for any reason (out of power,hardware problem.....),in order that it can not operate properly;
this fail safe pin send immediately the trouble to one of panel linked to that panel to treat the event ;
if not you have to configure one relay to be activated during this event and send the informaion to another CUP if they are not networked;
in the same time ;if there is an alarm in one of the devices of the rail module the fail safe becomes an alarm and execute the rules you have wrotten for that;
not that the fal safe event change according your MARKET PLACE on the project definition (to be clear I imagine, here your market place is canada or european);
so to solve your problem,
please check your CPU ,the your rail module ,after that you have to check if there is no alarm on any devices.