reducing input/output correlation warnings?

tAP135

1866 CMS warnings and 1995 Correlation Warnings

Post by tAP135 »

Still have not cleared up the correlation warning but now since I installed the modcom. I have 1866 more warnings saying that "the same message is sent to the same account more than one event".

Second set of warnings "Trouble activation does not notify a cms account"

Only sending alarms to the central station.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: reducing input/output correlation warnings?

Post by Leo »

I would upgrade to SDU 3.72 or 3.74 because 3.71 has problems est removed it from there site and I also removed it.

I have tried to remove all the warnings from my projects also and it seams to never work out well.
You would need to write a rule to have all your pseudo points turn a output on(LED or pseudo output point).

I just tried compiling some rules and I only got a warning from UNPROGRAMMED_DEVICES only, but I remember getting more then that before, I wander if it is because I am using 3.74?
tAP135

Post by tAP135 »

first I can't upgrade as it is not up to me.

second, I've seen this with other versions of the sdu so I do not think it's the sdu. I've also heard others guys putting a rule in so that all the misc stuff get pointed to a pseudo point. like it just gets directed to limbo.

thanks
for the reply.
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

I have a few jobs with this problem in SDU. You have to turn on an "AUDIBLE" or "VISIBLE" device type. The warning keeps saying ...
"alarm input device is not associated with a signaling output device."

Signalling Output is the key.

Sometimes I will take the output connected to a ZA amp that i am NOT using (Define the output on amp as audible)

I will add this "Fugazi" meaning fake, signalling output to the main evac rule so your input device are now activating a "Signalling" output instead of just an output.

[WELL GEN ALARM]
ALARM 'WELL*' :
ON 'WELL1_ACT-BSTR_04-02-0133', {what is this device type?}
ON 'WELL1_DOOR-ACT_04-02-0132', {This is a door relay?}
ON AUDIBLE 'WELL1_FUGAZI_Signal_Output"; {Add/install fake Audible output to system)

FYI--- If you add in the device type in your rules like I did above, it makes the compile go faster. (You would care if you have big job)

and the reports show that all initiating device as associated with an output device.

Programming with the SDU 3.71

I am trying to remove all or most of the reducing input/output correlation warnings. Some of these are just 600 number warnings indicating an alarm input device is not associated with a signaling output device.

And other warnings are for a lot of my initiating devices but not all.

this is an example of my rule - Well is an abbreviation for the wellness building.

[WELL GEN ALARM]
ALARM 'WELL*' : ON 'WELL1_ACT-BSTR_04-02-0133',
ON 'WELL1_DOOR-ACT_04-02-0132';

and the reports show that all initiating device as associated with an output device.

thanks for any help.
Tom
tAP135

Post by tAP135 »

thanks for the reply.

I ended up finding the same as you mentioned above in the rules of an old program written by someone else.

but I do not have any amps on the job. My strobe boosters are controlled by cc1's /vis. The other boosters are bells with cc1's/supervisedoutputs.

I changed all of them to visibles (no cc1s installed) so all devices are associated to output devices.

Also found the following as well in his program.

[UNPROG DEVICE]
LALM 'Unprogrammed_Device_Data_Card*' : ON 'RSG_Nonsupervised_Audible_04_04_1';

[FAILSAFE EVENT]
ALARM 'Fail_Safe_Event_*' : ON 'RSG_Nonsupervised_Visible_04_04_1';
knessus

Post by knessus »

All, don't forge the simplest way to resolve 'Input is not associated with an Output' for Misc points is to just define any non-used output point as a 'COMMONALARMOUTPUT" device type.
Common alarm outputs fire on any and every alarm. No programming required.

(I usually place a comment in my rules if I do this for future programmers to be aware of the change) Example:
{NOTE : Amp 01-06-00 Has its 24V Output set as COMMONALARMOUTPUT to reduce Compile Warnings}

Also be aware that this point will mask points not hitting an output so when you do an add remember to do a Input Output check to make sure you are hitting your target prior to
download. It sucks to have to download again when your strobes don;t go off due to a simple error.
tAP135

Post by tAP135 »

No Amp on this job, any other outputs I could use?
tAP135

reducing input/output correlation warnings?

Post by tAP135 »

Hi,

Programming with the SDU 3.71

I am trying to remove all or most of the reducing input/output correlation warnings. Some of these are just 600 number warnings indicating an alarm input device is not associated with a signaling output device.

And other warnings are for a lot of my initiating devices but not all.

this is an example of my rule - Well is an abbreviation for the wellness building.

[WELL GEN ALARM]
ALARM 'WELL*' : ON 'WELL1_ACT-BSTR_04-02-0133',
ON 'WELL1_DOOR-ACT_04-02-0132';

thanks for any help.
Tom