Modcom or CMS programming issue

ThePeck

Modcom or CMS programming issue

Post by ThePeck »

I posted awhile back about another project on a navy base. I’m back on base at an adjacent building and we’re running into the same issue. This is close to the same but I had some questions and wanted some feedback if I’m thinking about this wrong. Plus I didn’t want to necro that thread.

I have a subcontractor installing and programming.

We’re sending default CID codes i.e. 120000000

The receiver is a Bosch D6600.

Fire Alarm and trouble come in fine but the supervisory is coming in as a Fire Status. Even though the CID codes say it’s a Supervisory it just shows a status.

The CMS operators are rather clueless about their system and any programming of it. I’ve sat with them and tried a few different ways in their receiver but it’s not picking up the programmed description just spitting out the Fire Status.

The client says we have to have the code received as “supervisory” and claiming it’s our fault for not programming it right. It does come in just as a different name.

The CMS system has been described as, paraphrased “not working right for a long time”. The CMS also filters out all troubles and supervisory so I have to call when a certain person is in the office to log into the receiver and watch the calls on in.

I guess my question is, I’m I crazy in thinking this isn’t our problem. They’re getting the codes but it’s named wrong. They can’t give us a code because no one know enough about the system. In my opinion it’s barely hanging on and it functions but not good. They are only concerned with actual alarms and those come in fine. Have any of you expierenced this before?

Oh also they want a point reporting system but we’re up to the end of the project and can’t take the time to do that. Programming on both our side and the CMS side.
Mfssystems

Re: Modcom or CMS programming issue

Post by Mfssystems »

If you do a google search for this document, go to last page of document. D6600 radiocs recieved is compatible with contact ID.
Refer to the EST3 ULI/ULC Compatibility Lists (P/N 3100427), for a list of compatible receivers.

Make sure the central station has contact Id codes in the receiver, focus on supervisory:

Contact ID Codes
110 Fire Alarms
111 Fire Alarms SMOKE
112 Fire Alarms COMBUSTION
113 Fire Alarms WATER FLOW
114 Fire Alarms HEAT
115 Fire Alarms PULL STATION
116 Fire Alarms DUCT
117 Fire Alarms FLAME
162 CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTED
200 FIRE SUPERVISORY
201 LOW WATER PRESSURE