Prowatch - invalid forward card read

ProWatch, PW5000, PW6000
Leo
Site Admin

Prowatch - invalid forward card read

Post by Leo »

Event Log received "invalid forward card read" 3-6 times a second

cause, the reader lost power

In 24 hours the event log fulled up, the 2gig limit was almost hit.
paul.williams

Re: Prowatch - invalid forward card read

Post by paul.williams »

I'm currently working with a large Prowatch account and we've been getting more and more of these alarms. In talking to Honeywell's tech support and engineering team, they recommend checking the card reader for voltage (apparently the card reader not having the correct voltage will cause this) or checking to see if there is some interferenance on the line. Has anyone else expereinced this and if so, what did you find for a fix?
Dreamweaver1408

Post by Dreamweaver1408 »

I experienced the same issue with with "invalid forward card reads" when I connected a DR4208S cardreader to a PW50002R board. The voltage at the reader is OK, 13,72V. Die cable itself is OK as well. If I connect the reader directly to the board it works perfectly well. The reader is installed only about 30feet (10metres) away from the readerboard.

The cable however is a cat 7 which was already in place when I got there. Is it possible that this cable typ is causing the problems with the wiegand data signal?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

get 50/100ft of cable5 and test the reader again, it will more then likely work.
the cable to the reader maybe bad?
Dreamweaver1408

Post by Dreamweaver1408 »

The cat 7 was OK, although it's not recommended for use with readers. It turned out to be a problem with the new smaller type of PSU that came with it. After connecting the ground of the RS485 daisy chain cable to the earth lug of the box the reader worked perfectly. I never had to this before but it worked in this case.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

Had a similar issue. We were using the PRO2200 Series panels. The install was around Aug 2012, Honeywell stated that the panel's power supplies had a bad ground connection. (Not exactly sure) We called up our provider (ADT) they came out and now we no longer get those invalid card reads every few seconds.
RouterGod

Post by RouterGod »

Just an update to this thread....There have been so many issues with this that I noticed that the new PRO2200 we just purchased came with a Technical Update and a Noise Suppression Capacitor Harness that they tell you to hook up because of these errors.

MFS Systems LLC
www.makofiresecurity.com