"INERNAL TROABLE: AUXILARY PORT 1 OR 2" IN THE COMMUNICATION

AHMAD24

"INERNAL TROABLE: AUXILARY PORT 1 OR 2" IN THE COMMUNICATION

Post by AHMAD24 »

Hi
THE"AUXILARY PORT 1 OR 2" trouble is indicated in lcd of panel when i specify port 1 or 2 as gatewayIII.
I tested any boad rate but i couldn't communicate with the panel.the wiring between panel and pc which i used is attached.
Please could you help me???
Attachments
FIREWORK SERIAL COMMUNICATION.pdf
(13.21 KiB) Downloaded 1147 times
Leo
Site Admin

Re: "INERNAL TROABLE: AUXILARY PORT 1 OR 2" IN THE COMMUNICA

Post by Leo »

What are you trying to connect to your aux ports?
GatewayIII, is it a workworks?

The only wiring problem you could have is pins 2 and 3 are reversed, use a meter and look for the neg volts from each device which is its transmit and connect it to the others receiver.

it is more then likely not the EST3 but the other devices.
AHMAD24

Post by AHMAD24 »

dear leo
I dont trying to connect to aux port.
I just specify port 2 as gatewayIII and the local fault auxiliary port2 indicated in lcd.
the wiring i think is correct, because after connecting serial to usb device for testing , the send and resive led is blinking when i open system control in fireworks.
FireTech

Post by FireTech »

Make Sure Baud Rates match in Fireworks and 3-SDU.

Try using Aux #1 232 port on Est3 panel. (Not aux 2)
(Reason Being, I vaguely remember if you are using both rs-232 ports on an est3 panel, Aux#1 has to be the Fireworks and Aux#2 the printer.)

in SDu Gateway type 3 @ 19200k baud. ON PORT 1 TYPE. If at all possible install nothing on Port#2 (IE-Port#2 Type=None)

What version Fireworks are you using?

Check the Drivers on the Comm Ports on PC. (In past versions of fireworks, when I had Comm Issues, I ended up having to install some type of Est/Ge Fireworks specific Drivers for the Pc'c Comm ports)...

Try restarting Fireworks Pc.