FireWorks - 1.5 ver way better then 1.4

Leo
Site Admin

FireWorks - 1.5 ver way better then 1.4

Post by Leo »

I have not worked with ver 1.5 but I hear it is a lot better then 1.4
If you have a site that uses they FireWorks System a lot you should move it to 1.5

To get the new ver 1.5 CD from EST, we needed to call a few times then send $20 via the mail.
It was odd, no part number to order or system of getting it out and I work for a large alarm company.

If you got ver 1.5, how did you get it and what do you think of it?
FireTech

Re: FireWorks - 1.5 ver way better then 1.4

Post by FireTech »

I installed Fireworks Version 1.5.

Good Stuff---

1-) When you back up your database in System Builder, It provides a Check box to give you the option to Do a "Full" Backup. This auto backs up Maps,Database,icons, etc..(Before you could only back up the actual database)

2-) 1.5 gives the end user the ability and flexibility of having the quadrants viewing windows really any way they want it.

3-) 1.5 is the first version that gives the ability to connect to a Reciever to monitor incoming events if you so choose.

4-) the reports feature is WAY better than before. you can also print out a nice viewable status report.

Bad Stuff--

1-) end user cant generate a SMoke "Dirty/sensitivity" Report from any Panel that has System sensor devices. Ie-- An AADc card. I called tech support. The next FW rev will fix this..
FireTech

Re: FireWorks - 1.5 ver way better then 1.4

Post by FireTech »

Another FW 1.5 Advantage---
In previous FW versions, Any time the End User would attempt to ENABLE an input on FW, a "Warning" box would pop up."WARNING..Did you hit reset, and this zone could go into alarm."
Now...The Warning box ONLY pops up if the input is in alarm. If the zone is not in alarm, no "box"