How can fireworks open DWG plan?

icyangle

How can fireworks open DWG plan?

Post by icyangle »

Hi leo,
Does fireworks support autocad plan?I got the information is that it can open dwg plan,but when i import autocad plan(R14,or autocad2004),the fireworks tells me that it can not find the dbcopendwg.dll,I don't know why.
Do i need import the dbcopendwg.dll to the PC?I search the dll file in the internet.but failure.Can you help me?
MahmoudEGYPT

Re: How can fireworks open DWG plan?

Post by MahmoudEGYPT »

DXF, i think
mikbz

Post by mikbz »

icyangle wrote:Hi leo,
Does fireworks support autocad plan?I got the information is that it can open dwg plan,but when i import autocad plan(R14,or autocad2004),the fireworks tells me that it can not find the dbcopendwg.dll,I don't know why.
Do i need import the dbcopendwg.dll to the PC?I search the dll file in the internet.but failure.Can you help me?
Hi icyangle,
Fireworks support the *.dwg files, but then I migrate to Fireworks 1.5 not all dwg files opened, therefore I export them to *.wmf (windows meta file) from autocad. Now I prefer to work with wmf instead dwg because off the drawing loaded faster and you can edit wmf files with "Metafile Companion" program.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

autocad files (*.dwg) have been a problem opening up in fireworks, if the file is large it will open to slow to be able to use in a fire alarm system. I converted them to WMF which opens very fast.

I would do what mikbz said, and export to WMF's
icyangle

Post by icyangle »

Thanks ,guys,I will try it.