Can't bypass zones in winpak SE

Winpak-PE/SE , NStar, N1000, PW2000
thennessey

Can't bypass zones in winpak SE

Post by thennessey »

New installation from a vendor. Not sure he knows what he's doing. Sometimes I can bypass zones in control map, sometimes I can't. I've tried clearing all alarms, restarting server, etc. When I can't bypass, it seems like the command isn't even being sent. Nothing happens.

I've been told maybe there are too many events going on and we need to turn some off (alarms, motion, etc.) so it speeds up winpak.

Any ideas here?

thank you!
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Can't bypass zones in winpak SE

Post by Leo »

you want to go into panel programming and turn off all REX motion inputs from being monitored as a start.
most likely you will also want to stop monitoring the door contact.
do not disable the inputs just stop monitoring it.
thennessey

Post by thennessey »

Good info, thanks. Why do you think monitoring those things is causing the problem? Too much traffic or something? Is this a common thing in winpak?

thanks again
thennessey

Post by thennessey »

We actually just changed the Priority for those abstract devices that were squaking all day from 10 to 0. Mostly the motions, and other stuff that was faulted all day and sending constant alarms. If you double click those abstract devices, you will see a Priority field and a dropdown on the window that pops up. Change the 10 to 0, and then select the next thing in the dropdown and do the same. Change them all to 0, or whatever you like if you want some alarms. The problem immediately went away.

I think this is probably similar to what was advised in this thread. Thanks for the help. Winpak sucks.