Initialize Multiple Panels the easy way?

Winpak-PE/SE , NStar, N1000, PW2000
Shayughul

Initialize Multiple Panels the easy way?

Post by Shayughul »

Is there an easy way? I have something like 12 panels now and having to manually initialize all of them is a huge pain. I have been looking at command files but I can't seem to find any decent documentation on them outside of the manual which isn't really a help. It mentions custom commands but doesn't' list them.

Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this work a little smoother or am I stuck?

When I am all done I am going to have upwards of 50 panels and I can't imagine having to initialize those every time we have a new hire.
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Initialize Multiple Panels the easy way?

Post by Leo »

are the panels N1000 or PW5000/6000?
It should only need to send the one add/deleted user to each panel not the whole panel data or even user data
also how are you communicating to the panels?
Shayughul

Post by Shayughul »

We have a mix of NetAXS 123 and NetAXS 4 panels. This is all over a TCPIP network.

My understanding is that each panel has the ability to work without being connected to the server so it holds all of the card info on each panel. As such when a person is hired. That change has to be pushed out to all the panels individually.

Each panel is setup in HOST mode and is controlled by the WinPAK server. Anytime we make a change such as time zones or cards or access areas we have to initialize each device to push those changes.
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

I am not familiar with the Netaxs panels.
Time zone and access levels are one thing, adding and removing users is another.

I just called northern, netaxs panel is a joke you are right you will need to init the panel for user changes.
have you looked into PW6000 panel, it's a nice panel