Win-PAK SE 3 (670.14) Failure to Connect issue

Winpak-PE/SE , NStar, N1000, PW2000
TheMan

Re: Win-PAK SE 3 (670.14) Failure to Connect issue

Post by TheMan »

Shayughul - Did you get this resolved?

Are you running WinPakc from a client PC with any type of virtualization software? VMware Player or Oracle VM Box. Recently we setup WinPak and I had the same issue. We had to disable the VM adapter on the client machine. For some reason this was causing an issue
RouterGod

Post by RouterGod »

Shayughul,

I recently setup a similar installation (Windows 7 Client and Windows 2008 Database Server). I received the same error message but after I went to the WIN-PAK Server and selected all services and restarted them, the workstation connected successfully. Let me know if this fixes it.

MFS Systems LLC
www.makofiresecurity.com
Shayughul

Post by Shayughul »

Sorry for the late reply on this. It seems like we got it straightened out after a couple weeks of banging out heads against the wall.

Evidently in Windows 7, at least in our environment, turning off the windows firewall doesn't actually completely shut it down.

What ended up working is going into the "Windows Firewall with Advanced Security" and creating a rule in there that allows all communication on that port. The Windows Firewall shows it is shut down completely and the service is set to disabled. But evidently Windows 7 will still do some blocking even without that service.
Shayughul

Win-PAK SE 3 (670.14) Failure to Connect issue

Post by Shayughul »

It seems like I have the same issue as mentioned in many posts that apply to Windows XP. Unfortunately I am running windows 7 and am getting that issue.

I have both machines setup as Workgroup.

I am able to login to the user interface on the machine running the server with no issues. The problem I have is that I am utilize the user interface on any machine other than the server.

I have the firewall on the server turned off. I have rebooted both machines multiple times. I have telneted to port 5555 on the server and get the blank screen like I should have.

Seems like this should be a simple issue. No idea what it isn't.

Anybody out there have an ideas?