Winpak Se: lock/unlock a door at specific times-how to do?

Winpak-PE/SE , NStar, N1000, PW2000
GAETEN

Re: Winpak Se: lock/unlock a door at specific times-how to d

Post by GAETEN »

You have to create a time zone, go in Configuration > Time Management > Time Zone, choose add, give a specific name for that time zone, create a time zone between 0730 to 1730 hrs, you have to remember a time zone applied to a device will unlock the device, a time zone applied to a card holder will manage the sequence of time that person will be allowed to acces by a specific door or reader. When you have done the creation of your time zone, you will have to add the specific time zone to the access control panel that is directed controlling the front desk door. If using a N-1000 series panel, go to Configuration > Device > Device Map choose the proper panel, double click on it and go to the panel configuration on the folder Time Zone, take frome the top part the time zone you had just created and applied to the bottom. After go to the folder OUTPUT, and go to the output and choose the output that control the front desk door, just click on time on it and go to the time zone box just under, and with the scroll choose the time zone you just created. Click Ok and exit from there to return in you Win-Pak GUI in the control map, select the panel in question, right click on it and choose initialize, select all because that will be simple in your case and just wait for the sequence to complet, and voila, the time zone will be applied to your door.

If anything i still there to help, hoping that will help in your issue

Gaeten
AAA

Post by AAA »

Thank you so much. However, there are 3 other readers (doors) on this panel. How do I make it so they stay locked and this one door opens and uses the "Front door" time zone?
AAA

Post by AAA »

It already had a "work hours" time zone applied to it, with the same hours as the Front Door one I just added. How do I tell it that the "Front door" one needs to stay unlocked where the "work hours" ones need to use cards and stay locked?
AAA

Post by AAA »

I went through the steps in your comment but it didn't work. :(
GAETEN

Post by GAETEN »

Hi AAA

For the door, the time zone have to be applied to the output that control the lock in question, but when you do that you have to keep in mind the kind of lock you have, Fail Secur, you have to applied power to open, and Fail Safe you have to cut power to release it.

But when you made a change to any points in the panel config you have to initialize the panel to send to the panel the modification. With out that part nothing will work.

Also the manner you will made your time zone template will influence it in the manner the same time zone will applied.

The best manner I'm able to offer you to show in remote how to do it, just send me a message and I will make arrangement to support you directlly.

Gaeten
AAA

Winpak Se: lock/unlock a door at specific times-how to do?

Post by AAA »

I have looked everywhere but i can't figure this out. I have Winpak SE. I have one front desk door that I want to automatically unlock at 7:30 and lock at 5:30 PM. How do I do this? I've found how to manually unlock "PANEL 1: Reader 1" from the Control Area. I set the door to be in the Office Hours Time Zone that has the above hours specified but it doesn't do it.
I'm desperate. Please help!
Thanks.