N-1000 panel loop with long WIN-PAK command file

Winpak-PE/SE , NStar, N1000, PW2000
ryantm

N-1000 panel loop with long WIN-PAK command file

Post by ryantm »

We have six N-1000 panels connected in a single current loop controlled by RS-232 adapter with a computer.

We keep an irregular schedule at our building, and we want to be able to control when people's cards can get in based on a manual intervention instead of basing it on time of day (someone needs to disable the burglar alarm before it is reasonable to let people in). The way we currently do this is by running a command file when we disable or enable the burglar alarm.

It seems to work okay for two time zones, but now I want to be able to disable/enable six time zones based on a command file command. I have a command file that sends custom commands to each panels to modify the hours of a Time Zone to disable it. I have to send a command for each time zone and each panel (6 time zones * 6 panels = 36 commands) because the custom command that uses the panel number of 0 to target all panels does not work. I think this is because the Custom Command is under the Panel ADV Category. The problem with this approach is that a Poll Response Alarm is triggered when I run the command file.

Is there a way to send the custom command that targets all of the panels? Or, is there a better way to disable the time zones than via running a command? Any other suggestions for an alternative plan?