IRC3 Programming Emminent

kuba122

IRC3 Programming Emminent

Post by kuba122 »

First off, I am a new poster to this forum. You all have most everything I was looking for in here, aside from a bunch of manuals I downloaded from a pay site.

I have inherited an IRC-3 made up of a CM1 (non network) and 2 ZAS-1 cards along with 2 CMDN-LG annunciators. Everything looks straight forward in programming (as far as an old DOS based software goes it really looks pretty simple to accomplish). I have been working in this industry for 25 years and may have some things you all *might* like to have uploaded into sections that have yet to exist for FCI, Notifier, and Siemens/Faraday.

I am simply looking to get a couple answers to a couple questions, at this point.

I can't find any info on the CMDN annunciators and I was thinking the EST annunciators needed to be programmed, at least I think the ones for the Quick Start do ....

2.6 or 4.3 IRC, there doesn't seem to be an easy answer to which software is needed, any thoughts?

This IRC was actually an OEM product for Landis/Gyr, does that make any difference?

I have written the program in 2.6 software based on an N file print out the client had and a whole bunch of field and reading research I have already done .... the client is adding a suppression system and therefore has the need to reprogram the system .... the last time this system was programmed was in 1999 by Landis/Staefa. I am hoping to drop the new program into this system Tuesday just prior to starting an annual inspection .... any tips and or pointers would be most appreciated!!
Leo
Site Admin

Re: IRC3 Programming Emminent

Post by Leo »

It sounds like you have put a lot of work into getting your IRC3 panel programmed.
for most of us the IRC3 panel is way in the past and we are not going to be able to help.
I would look through the forum for anyone who has post anything recent.

the only thing I can remember about the CMDN is it gets one or more panel addresses. each panel address is good for ~96 outputs which are messages. turn the output on the message displays on the CMDN.
kuba122

Post by kuba122 »

Thanks for the reply, Leo!

Yeah ... put in a lot of work.

Did some additional testing, today and answered most of the questions I had.

Thanks for the info on the CMDN, ours have 4 addresses, each for a total of 8 the info you provided cleared that right up.

One question, remains. Do you recall how the cmdn gets programmed with its addresses? Was there a special software for that? I still have found nothing on that.
old_tech

Post by old_tech »

Kuba, if you're still looking, cmdn had it's own program, but it can be done a lot easier if you setup address info into an est2 database and download from there.