Copying an IRC-3 Program???

BerkayK

Copying an IRC-3 Program???

Post by BerkayK »

Hello everyone,

I want to copy one of IRC-3 panels program to another one. Is there any software to do this? And can i look the program on my Computer?
Leo
Site Admin

Re: Copying an IRC-3 Program???

Post by Leo »

It has been along time since I heard the word IRC3.

this link has the irc3 program - http://www.thealarmtech.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=13&t=5
.N file is a text copy of the database, it's created with you do a compile of the database.

you will need the database it is a company.IRC type file, without it you are out of luck.
If you are looking to replace the CM1N or CM2N, you will need a database to load the panel via the IRC3 program.
If you have a ZAS2 card (Signature Series devices) in the system you would need the 4D program, the 4D program is a PAIN.

if you have never loaded a IRC3 panel, I don't think you are going to get enough help via a forum, you are going to need a body and it will probably be a old one.
bongky

Post by bongky »

I have the program, if u needed u can contact me .
raydaviesjr

Post by raydaviesjr »

I run when i here IRC3 PANEL
chineduagbo

Post by chineduagbo »

Admin,
Thanks for your post on irc3. That post was very useful. One more thing pls. Now that i have the irc3 software and a copy of the company's .N database file, i could not upload it into the CM1N. It gives "header error" message. pls does anyone know this message means. Again, I am using my serial port (RS232) to connect to the com, rx, tx of the CM1N board.
old_tech

Post by old_tech »

You need to make up a special cable with jumpered pins to download.
You also may need the patched version.
Finally you might need a windows 95 pc.
stafford9611

Post by stafford9611 »

What is a patched version?
Leo
Site Admin

Post by Leo »

you have the .N file but you NEED the .IRC file.
I think patched version is the zip version, the program needs to be installed not copied.
If you have never loaded an IRC3 panel you most likely will not be able to do it.